Links and Acknowledgements
We are grateful for the kind support and interest shown whilst this site has been developed and on these pages we attempt to acknowledge all sources of information and images. Links to external websites are included where applicable, and links have also been included to other websites which may prove to be of further interest to our visitors.
'Hidden' internal links
There are several 'hidden' pages (or 'Easter Eggs' as they are sometimes called) dotted around our website. These have been created this way to save cluttering up the menus with interesting things which may lie a little bit too far from the intended scope of the website, but which do have an albeit tenuous link with the station at Culham, its history, and its place in the general scheme of things. Links to these pages can be found as highlighted text here and there, but to make things a bit easier we also list them here so you can go straight to them.
As these special pages do not figure on the menus their menu bar will simply show one of two options depending on how a visitor got there. 'GO BACK' is fairly obvious as it will return you to the page you came from, that will be here if that is where you went from, or back to the page containing the hidden link if that is what you clicked on. The 'HOME' option is for visitors who might have gone to the page directly as the result of a web search, via 'GOOGLE' for example. That option will take them to the home, or very first, page of our website, hopefully allowing such visitors to explore and enjoy it further.
- Abingdon gasworks - Learn about the history of the gasworks in Abingdon. The later one had a siding from the station at Abingdon
- Abingdon Maltings - Read a little about the development of the maltings situated at the Vineyard in Abingdon and its siding from the station at Abingdon
- Appleford Viaduct - An article detailing the replacement of the bridge taken from the October 1929 issue of the 'Great Western Railway Magazine'
- Caerphilly Castle - Articles taken from some 1924 issues of the 'Great Western Railway Magazine' launching the first jigsaw
- City Streets resin kits - This range of kits from the 1980s featured one of the Old Ticket Office at Culham
- Coal merchants - There were several coal merchants that operated out of Culham Station
- Local Landing Grounds - There were several landing grounds or airfields operating near Culham in the 1930s, some being a lot busier than you might realise
- Stations similar to Culham - The Old Ticket Office at Culham might be a unique survivor of a broad gauge Brunel-designed building, but there were many others of similar design
- Steventon station - An article taken from the June 1940 issue of the 'Great Western Railway Magazine' giving an insight into the history of the station at Steventon
- Woodley (Reading) Aerodrome - This is where Major Allen, who had an airfield adjacent to the station at Culham, learnt to fly and, although now built over, it went on to be a major centre of aviation for many years
We are especially grateful to Entikera Limited whose registered office is at the Old Ticket Office and who trade as Mpfineartprinting
Click or tap to open a new page and visit the Mpfineartprinting website for generously sponsoring this website, for acting as willing host for our memorabilia display and for welcoming visitors to view inside the ticket office whenever their work allows.
~~~~~~ ooooooOOOoooooo ~~~~~~
Choose a category from the menu bar to read the relevant notes and see the associated links
~~~~~~ ooooooOOOoooooo ~~~~~~